Who is this?

Technology Editor of Times of London until July 2010. Now swimming in the freelance shark pool, with abiding interest in games, gadgets and what it all means. If you're looking for product reviews, head elsewhere. Unless it's a really nice product. This is more of an attempt to sift out what matters from what doesn't. With a bit of gossip thrown in for good measure. I'm also learning to use Blogger as I go along, so please bear with me.

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Xbox 360 red ring of death repairs still free: reminder


Hello, got a white Xbox 360? Has it got the red ring of death yet?

Having left Times Towers the other week (see below), I went home and decided to play through Red Dead Redemption. Fancied shooting a few people. Cue console madness.

My Xbox was well over a year old, so out of warranty. I was contemplating the virtues of a replacement over eating food for a week when I decided to do a last-minute check online.

Imagine my utter delight when I discovered that the red ring of death repair is free for consoles up to three years old. Actually, I did once know this, but had forgotten. If you're in the same boat, consider this a friendly reminder.

So, boxed up and ready, off it went to Germany by complimentary UPS to be repaired for nothing. It arrived back today.

If you think you may qualify for a free repair, take a look at this document. Console age is determined by serial number, so you may be in luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment